1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-creations task (2013) based on 'Out of the Blue' - Simon Armitage, now in the resource bank

Discussion in 'English' started by fluffykat_9, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Fantastic because I was going to do this too!
    There is a fantastic dramatisation of the whole poem on YouTube, acted by Rufus Sewell. It is in 4 parts, as the Armitage poem is part of a longer piece - the section you want is part 3/4 and the section we have starts from the beginning of the clip.

2. Thanks

3. I used that, the kids were really engaged by it. We also watched the documentary 'The falling man' that is on youtube and 'I survived: 9/11'. I have put some of the links on a word document in amongst the resources.

Mine have just started filling out the planning booklet today, so I will let you know how it goes. They weren't impressed when I said that they couldn't take the actual booklet into the controlled assessment with them!

4. I used the image and got them to discuss it (without them necessarily knowing what it was). They had to write down their feelings in 2 - 3 sentences.

As extension, there is an article on the "jumpers" that everyone wants (apparently) to forget that I set some comprehension type questions on.

5. phoebe

can I have a copy of the article and the questions if at all possible? It will great for some work that I have to set for a cover lesson. Let me know if you need anything in return.

fluffykat_9@hotmail.com

6. Of course - I will send it to you in the morning :) Hope that is in time. It's funny that we have planned the same material and done very similar things - I seem to remember we did this once before as well! Spooky, as the kids would say.