1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re: CEPD Transition point one

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by prettygreeneyes, Dec 15, 2007.

1. I am just writing part one as about to qualify.

Does anyone mind emailing me a copy of what they did? as not sure whether to cover all aspects generally of teaching in my answers.

I'd appreciate someone's help.

2. I am just writing part one as about to qualify.

Does anyone mind emailing me a copy of what they did? as not sure whether to cover all aspects generally of teaching in my answers.

I'd appreciate someone's help.

3. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

Ask your mentor what they want you to put.

No one ever looked at mine, which was fine by me.

What does this mean? "to cover all aspects generally of teaching".

4. Don't worry unduly. My university made a big thing of it - it had to be signed off by various senior folk in the Education Faculty etc. and failure to complete it would mean you couldn't be recommended for QTS. Since then nobody has ever shown the slightest interest in the thing. As I have now completed induction I take it that nobody ever will look at it.

If you need guidance there are templates on the TDA website somewhere.

5. nobody looked at mine either, after the uni signed it off. don't worry.

6. Without knowing my NQT written by my tutor I am just going to write what I think for it.

Thanks

7. NQT targets that is.

8. Transition Point 1 isn't about NQT targets but about your reflection on training (as it comes at the end of ITT).

"As you near the end of your initial teacher training (ITT) programme, you will want to think about the progress you have made" - from http://www.tda.gov.uk/teachers/induction/cedp/transitionp...

Incidentally, it is not for tutors or mentors to write NQT targets, these should be identified by the NQT and agreed by the school.

9. When i did my targets, i looked at targets/comments that had come up during placements and used some of those if i thought it was still useful.It really is about what you think you need to develop...make sure they are what you want because you will need to address them during the 1st term. There is no point having targets that you don't think will help you develop further. Hope the rambling helps....