1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

RE Benchmarking Visits - resources exchanged for a visit?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by vlo79, Mar 3, 2011.

1. My school are giving us the opportunity to spend Friday 17th June out of school on benchmarking visits to other schools.
    As a department we want to re write our KS3 schemes of work so they follow a thematic approach rather than teaching each religion seperately.
    At KS4 we currently follow AQA spec B Religion and Morality and Religion and Life Issues units. The majority of our students do compulsory full course, sitting the Life Issue unit at the end of Yr 10 and the Morality unit at the end of Yr 11.
    Within our LA no other secondary schools follow the AQA board and i would really like to visit a school who teaches to the same exam board as we do [preferably doing the same units as we can share resources]. We have good resources for the units and got really good results [91% A*-C] last year but i am worried these results may be more to do with AQA's lack of organisation with regards to the new syllabus than our hard work and planning [although i am sure this has had an impact].
    It is really difficult to find out what individual schools are delivering, even my RE link at the LA couldn't really help as the data is over 3 years old.
    If your school does offer a thematic approach to KS3 learning, or follows AQA spec B at GCSE and would like to share best practice/resources and make links with my school please could you let me know.

[​IMG]

2. My school are giving us the opportunity to spend Friday 17th June out of school on benchmarking visits to other schools.
    As a department we want to re write our KS3 schemes of work so they follow a thematic approach rather than teaching each religion seperately.
    At KS4 we currently follow AQA spec B Religion and Morality and Religion and Life Issues units. The majority of our students do compulsory full course, sitting the Life Issue unit at the end of Yr 10 and the Morality unit at the end of Yr 11.
    Within our LA no other secondary schools follow the AQA board and i would really like to visit a school who teaches to the same exam board as we do [preferably doing the same units as we can share resources]. We have good resources for the units and got really good results [91% A*-C] last year but i am worried these results may be more to do with AQA's lack of organisation with regards to the new syllabus than our hard work and planning [although i am sure this has had an impact].
    It is really difficult to find out what individual schools are delivering, even my RE link at the LA couldn't really help as the data is over 3 years old.
    If your school does offer a thematic approach to KS3 learning, or follows AQA spec B at GCSE and would like to share best practice/resources and make links with my school please could you let me know.

[​IMG]

3. thebishop

thebishop New commenter

Where are you?

4. Thanks for the reply. I am based in Cambridgeshire, not far from Cambridge. I am willing to travel a little bit to visit. Is that anywhere near you?

5. thebishop

thebishop New commenter

Unfortunately not! I'm on the other side of the country.