1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-applying for posts?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by misspixie9, Mar 5, 2011.

1. This is more of an ettiquette question than anything - it's been a while since I applied for a job rather than a uni course!
    If I've applied for a post, and not heard anything from them, and then it's re-advertised, is it acceptable to send in my application again (obviously rechecking it over etc first), or is this generally frowned on?

2. This is more of an ettiquette question than anything - it's been a while since I applied for a job rather than a uni course!
    If I've applied for a post, and not heard anything from them, and then it's re-advertised, is it acceptable to send in my application again (obviously rechecking it over etc first), or is this generally frowned on?

3. Look carefully at the advert. It normally says somewhere whether previous applicants need to re-apply or not. If they say they need not re-apply, then don't. But if they say they welcome previous applicants, then by all means tweak your application before sending in.

4. It's not mentioned either way, which is why I was unsure. I'm guessing if they haven't said not to, then they can't be too anti- the idea...

5. In that case you can re-apply if you want, but the reason for re-advertisement must have been because nobody came up to scratch. You really need to improve on your previous attempt to have any success this time round.