1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Re-applying for a post

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by aspire_teach, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hello.
    There is a particular school close to me that I really like and have been on tours round it before - I even volunteered for a week in it last year. A few months ago, the school opened up a vacancy which I applied for, and I didn't hear anything back. A few weeks later and the post was re-opened, and I was told I would not need to re-apply as previous candidates would be looked at again. Once more, I was not called. Cut to today, and there is a THIRD vacancy being advertised, and this time no mention of looking at past candidates. Is it advisable to try again, perhaps with a completely new and fresh approach? How many times would a school be prepared to accept applications from the same candidate?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Only anecdotal - I had a similar situation a few years back.I applied 5 times and did get an interview for last one-but they didn't appoint! Applied again to same school few months later (different post) and didn't get an interview.

3. Hi Lara. Do you mean you applied 5 times for a particular school, and they interviewed you the final time you did so? If so, that's heartening to hear - they must have impressed by your determination!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Yes, it was the same school.

5. Aspire I've had the same question many times as my county has lots of people spread over a wide area and so fairly few schools! I don't see how they could have a problem with it, surely its no skin off their noses to read an application, even if they decide its not good enough?
    I would try to make sure my personal statement is noticeably different from my last one and specific to the vacancy (unless it is the same job of course). If they don't accept you this time I think it would be worth ringing for feedback.