1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

re and pshce

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by gemzied, May 19, 2011.

1. gemzied

gemzied New commenter

Hi all,
    I know that this post has been covered in a similar way but advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I work in an academy and they have decided to combine RE and PSHCE next year- I have no say in the matter and I know OFSTED will not approve but this is what I have to work with.
    I have been placed in charge of 'RSE' next year. I have mapped where I think the current RE curriculum matches as best as possible with the PSHCE curriculum (personal wellbeing, citizenship and economic wellbeing and financial capability)
    I have also asked other subjects to map where they feel they meet the curriculum within their subjects too.
    I was also thinking about sharing a PSHCE objective in the RSE lessons and getting the pupils to evidence where in their work they have met this and how- alongside their RE objective.
    Does anyone currently teach these together? Does anyone have any other advise on how to make this situation better? Does anyone have any resources? Does anyone have any idea how to cover the parts that are missing? Citizenship, SRE and drugs education mainly.
    I have resources on PSHCE, RE, History, Geography and ASDAN COPE that I could share with people too.
    Many thanks :)