1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raynaud's

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by rosievoice, Nov 15, 2011.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Wear gloves inside mittens when on duty.

2. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

Thanks, all, for your help! I shall get myself sorted! Had my first horrible attack this morning! Not pleasant but not the worst thing you could have in the grand scheme of things!

3. I have Raynaud's too. Was advised by my doctor to wear a pair of silk liner gloves inside my normal ones. Got them from Blacks or Millets or somewhere and they seem to work. Good luck, I hate the cold weather

4. I suffer from Raynauds too, and not having had an attack for several months I've started having some quite severe attacks. As my Raynauds is primary I'm not on any medication so the best thing I've found is exercise and very little caffeine (I enjoy a cup of coffee from time to time but genreally drink redbush tea in the staffroom). But my attacks aren't responding to this as well this time round.
    I use heated gel pads in my pockets for duty days - my mum got them for me in Aldi! However, I also help run the netball team and so can't use them then.I found some thermal base layer gloves - like they use for skiing - on amazon for £9.99 so am going to try them. The RSA also sell a duo pack of silver gloves (fingerless and full) - that are supposed to reflect your body heat back at you - for £14 that I'd like to get.
    My main concern at the moment is my feet. I get attacks in my toes too, and despite thermal socks over normal socks and boots I'm always getting that tingling feeling of an attack. Does anyone have any suggestions to help with that?
    Cheers [​IMG]

5. butties

butties New commenter

Do you wear plenty of warm clothes all over not just hands and feet, that used to help me.