1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raymond Blanc

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by SuzeJ, Feb 21, 2011.

1. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I believe the expression the young 'uns are using these days is "well-jell"!
    Just had a look at the menu and it looks incredible!
    Make sure you report back and let us know how it was.

(But yes, start saving NOW!)

2. What did you have H?

3. landaise

landaise Occasional commenter

I'm sure the food will be good......but a meal for two costs about the same as we spend to feed five people for two weeks!
    Incidentally, it would actually be cheaper to eat at Paul Bocuse's restaurant (now THAT, I'd love!!)

4. I agree, but we rarely go out, it's seven years since my last holiday, I'm exam marking in the summer, and I've always wanted to go. Simple really.

5. landaise

He's known a little, but Paul Bocuse is considered THE chef of France. There are many big names but one noticeable difference is that most of the Three starred chefs avoid TV and would certainly never appear on TV cookery shows (seen to be rather vulgar!)

6. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

That doesn't surprise me actually. I think there are a few over here who've over-exposed themselves, or who've spread themselves too thinly. Gordon Ramsay springs to mind. He's certainly taken his eye off the ball, and look what's happened - losing stars all over the place. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up bankrupt.
    Even Heston Blumenthal is in danger of going too far - I think it's only the fact that his food is consistently entertaining, bordering on insanity and touched by genius that he gets away with it.

7. landaise

There's an over-exposed TV chef called Cyril Lignac but he, not surprisingly, has no Michelin stars.
    Steffiw: enjoy your meal, I wasn't criticising you for going, sounds like a perfect treat! Sorry if my post sounded rude, it wasn't meant to be.