1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raymond Blanc

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by SuzeJ, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Just caught up with it on iPlayer - please please pretty please will someone make me one of the choux pastry towers?
    I want a go at making macaroons, but as Lent starts Wednesday, they'll have to wait until Easter.
    Is it my imagination, or did his hands still look as though he hasn't regained full control since his stroke? To me though, his accent will always melt chocolate at a hundred yards...

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Tonight...........lamb's liver....................to DIE for [​IMG]

3. BelleDuJour

OMG.....I now want to marry Raymond and have his babies! [​IMG]

4. The food tonight didn't really do it for me, sorry Belle! [​IMG] (Actually, I'm lying, I did like the potato and turnip gratin)

5. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

I physically dribbled when he was basting the spit roast lamb with the harissa.
    I was hopelessly addicted to harissa once. True fact.

6. BelleDuJour

It all looked good.
    Rice pud.
    Tarte tatin.
    Steak and kidney pud.
    Sussex Pond pud.
    Strawberry crumble.
    I mean.....what's not to like?

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

He's brilliant. Even his completely incomprehensible jokes. The steak, kidney and oyster pud nearly made me weep with joy.
    Ordered the accompanying book from Amazon. Bit gutted as it was £11.25 up until yesterday and now has gone up to £13.29 but it's still a good price.

8. henriette

henriette New commenter

I was interested to see the way he stacked his apples in the tarte tatin - I have always laid them down instead of standing them up (and I'm sure every tt I have ever eaten has been done the same!)

9. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I hate to say this (I hope you don't take it the wrong way) but...
    you're a bit old for his taste (if you see what I mean).
    This is his latest "squeeze", now how much younger than him do you think she is? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*runs and hides*

10. They must be in the early stages of their relationship.
    If not, why isn't she 17 stone???

11. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I think [​IMG] that she may be russian in which case 10 years from now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Give the recipe for the chocolate torte in the wine tasting clip please... DROOOOOOOL!!!!!

13. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

14. The chicken liver parfait looked good - would be tempted to have a go at making it, but there's only two of us...

15. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

The book accompanying the series arrived last week, and it is a thing of wonder. He writes well, and his instructions are clear and concise. His recipes range, and nd are helpfully graded as such, from easy everyday family meals, to fairly easy dishes to impress a dinner party, through to dishes taken from the menu at Le Manoir that require a day in the kitchen and a fair degree of skill! Plenty of advice as to how to make these ahead, though. His passion for ingredients rings throughout. And the photography is breathtaking.
    Be aware - one or two of the recipes from the programmes aren't in there, although most are.
    Still - very highly recommended and definitely a very worthy addition to the collection.
    The enormous decision facing me now though, is what to try first!

16. Last night's papaya salad and the mango pudding looked devine. Mr W rashly promised he'll take me there...

17. henriette

henriette New commenter

The papaya salad caught my attention, too.

18. BelleDuJour

Me too, but where do you buy an unripe one from?

19. Just booked lunch at Le Manoir for 8th August. It'll take me that long to save up!