1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ratios for rising threes

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minizog94, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Just a quick question: When calculating ratios, are rising threes counted as 2 year olds or 3 year olds? Can't find any clear guidance - probably looking in the wrong place! Thank you

2. Just a quick question: When calculating ratios, are rising threes counted as 2 year olds or 3 year olds? Can't find any clear guidance - probably looking in the wrong place! Thank you

3. It depends on the grouping. Rising 3s - ie those still 2 but having their 3rd birthday during the TERM, count as being 3 for ratio purposes, as long as they are in the minority of the group. If the majority of the group is 2, then the 2 year old ratio applies to the group.

4. Thanks. That's a real help x

5. Madmum4

Madmum4 New commenter

I have been searching for this infornation for weeks!!

Can you tell me where it comes from as everywhere else I have looked sayswe have to stick to the statutory rules on ratio, ie 1:4 for 2 year olds.