1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

rate my teacher

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kinvara, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Anyone know how you can get comments on this site taken off? Friend of mine had some nasty comments put on a few years ago but they are still there now. I idly googled her name and the area her school is in and there first line of the search engine was one of the worst comments for all to see, people do not even have to log onto the site. Weird how it's the cruel one that's available for all to see not the positive ones....

2. Anyone know how you can get comments on this site taken off? Friend of mine had some nasty comments put on a few years ago but they are still there now. I idly googled her name and the area her school is in and there first line of the search engine was one of the worst comments for all to see, people do not even have to log onto the site. Weird how it's the cruel one that's available for all to see not the positive ones....

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

No chance - it's covered by American freedom of expression laws. I looked into it a while ago.

However, freedom of expression works both ways, and I'm sure ratemyteachers.com's creator Michael Hussey would be more than happy for teachers to rate his lifestyle via:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelhussey

or study his personal website at

http://michaelhussey.com/

4. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..and his own PeekYou website provides a wealth of links.

Not that anyone should misuse them of course...

5. Create some logins and post loads of positive 5 star ratings.

6. Doesn't it say something on the site itself about removing comments? A few years ago I emailed them and said I didn't work at a place anymore and they removed me completely plus I did the same on behalf of a friend (who did still work there but I don't think they check). Worth a try.