1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rate My Student

Discussion in 'Personal' started by polly.glot, Mar 13, 2011.

1. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

What do you think? Would it work? Wouldn't it be fun though!

2. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

What do you think? Would it work? Wouldn't it be fun though!

3. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

No. And no - we're adults.

4. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

It would be nice to have a sense of equality. The number of times I've heard of students making Facebook groups with the purposes of absuing a member of staff, or encourage other pupils to join and say how much they hate that person...it would be nice to be able to retaliate.
    Yes, we're the adults blah blah blah. But sometimes it IS nice to be able to get something off your chest.
    I'd actually prefer it, however, if that vile, disgusting 'rate my teacher' website was removed on the ground of being completely unfair.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You mean you haven't logged on there as a fake student and given everyone on there from your school a 5* rating?

6. No Way

7. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I fact I haven't been on there for a while so I have just submitted another rating of myself. According to the site I am a legend and really 'fit'! Those of you that know me will of course recognise the truthfullness of that rating.

8. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I meant everyone already rated not adding those who have not been so blessed!

9. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Fatuous idea
    No
    No it wouldn't

We are teachers through choice. Students do not have a choice.How they rate us is an irrelevance. How we rate them is a key partof our roles and we have ample opprtunities so to do through our assessments.
    If you give a giant rat's rectum what is posted about you anonymously on a website of which no-one who matters takes any notiice then perhaps you need to develop your pachydermal qualities.

10. As a mature adult, I am unsure why anyone would feel the need to retaliate.

11. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

coz 'e sed I wuz smelly

12. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Lol.
    No, seriously, there are times when some little t.urd decides they want to complain about the nasty teaching nagging them over their coursework and it would be lovely to just say, "Ok, you don't like it, fine, don't hand in your work, take the deductions on your folder and get an F, see if I care".
    At times I think they'd really deserve it. Buuuttt, the professional inside me simply can't do that and I persist long after they've (at best) given up or (at worst) complained to SLT that I harassed them over their coursework - seriously this has happened - and told the world via Facebook and Rate My Teacher how dreadful I am for wanting them to pass.

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I'm led to believe that a significant amount of information about the inventor and host of the RateMyTeacher websites can be found here
    Not that I would advocate the irresponsible use of such information of course...