1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rashes

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by blueone, Dec 30, 2011.

1. blueone

blueone New commenter

Hi all
    Apart from meningitis, what other rashes are common in babies, and more to the point nothing to worry about? My LO often gets little red dot rashes on his torso, in fact he has a rash at the moment. He has had it a few days and is showing no other symptoms of illness, it just that i cant help but worry. I dont want to rush him to the drs or walk-in, what do you think?

2. My LO often gets a viral rash at the same time as being under the weather.
    He also gets eczema that looks a bit rashy in some places, but obviously eczema in others.

3. blueone

blueone New commenter

Yes, he has had a viral rash before and also has eczema! Its just that rashes always make you think the worst, but i suppose i will keep an eye on it and see what happens.

4. LO often has this too when she's unwell. The only time we worried was when it turned into a 'proper' red blotchy rash all over her body and we took her to the nearest Walk in Centre after her bath. But even that was just a virus. She's also had chicken pox and she had it for a good few days before we realised what it was as the spots kepts coming up one at a time! I've always found that pharmacists are really good with things like that, that's what we did with the chicken pox spots. Or ring NHS Direct? Again, they're fab. Good luck x