1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RASH-What could it be??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by blueone, Apr 17, 2011.

1. blueone

blueone New commenter

My LO is 6 1/2 months and has developed a rash on his stomach/chest today. It is a spotty rash and the spots are red and raised. Ive obviously been panicing that its something really serious but he isnt sick at all! He has been laughing, playing, eating and basically has been normal all day. I know illness can progress quickly in babies, and he is in bed now but i think im going to have a restless night worrying. Any ideas what it could be?? Im going to take him to the drs tomo but im worried that i need to act now? What do you think?

2. handrail

handrail New commenter

It could be eczema... My LO has it and it started as a red rash on his arm but it did spread all over his chest, arms and legs within a few days.Or maybe heat rash? I know it is totally worrying. Do you have an out of hours drop in doctors? That's what we did cos I totally panicked when I saw this rash on LO's arm. I'm sure it will just be something like that. Hope he is ok x

3. blueone

blueone New commenter

Thanks Handrail
    He does have eczema on his arms, legs and face, but its like little dry patches, not little red spots. I think he is ok, ive checked on him about 10 times already and he isnt particularly hot or anything so i think i will stick with taking him to the drs tomo. I just wanted a bit of advice/experience.

4. My LO has eczema like you describe- red rough patches. However she has also begun getting a red spotty rash on her arms, thighs and face- it has been diagnosed as an allergic reaction to something and we are awaiting a referral to allergy clinic. Hope your boy's rash is better this morning but I'd always say take him to the doctor anyway- better be safe. The doc will probably say that if he is well, hasn't had a temperature etc then it's not an illness. Can you look back to a few days before the rash appeared? Was he out of sorts at all? Because in that case, it could be the tail end of a virus.
    Hope all goes well at the doc!