1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rare I vent about an agency but grrrrr... head on desk frustration!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by MisterFlibble, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Sooo work's been pants last half term but that was inevitable since temporary circumstances meant I could only do pre-booked (lost last minute use of a car for a couple of months)... but grrrrrrrrrarrrrghhhhhhhhh at a certain agency whom I shall not name but used to start with a S and now start with an R.
    So... after getting naff all in the way of work for them for a year or so, and other agencies picking up the slack (they hate it when you don't just sit there moping by the phone - lol), they rang me mid-last year having rediscovered me on their system and called me in to reactivate my file - usual blah blah blah, need new references etc etc - was annoying enough since it was their own flipping system failure but fine, grit teeth and get through it (had found them the least pleasant bunch to deal with out of my agencies for a long while so wasn't devastated when they'd stopped calling tbh). Got two and a half days' work out of them before the calls dried up again - again, I don't sit and hang on their every word so I moved on and carried on elsewhere.
    Half term now and the phone rings... need references again as their "state of the art" computer system has knocked me onto inactive. Their problem, not mine and I'm not running around like an idiot chasing references up for naff all work. The usual lines "I could have you working every day", and their favourite chestnut "we're just about to get really busy"... now, I might believe that - but you've used it in the past to me the week before the schools break up in July which made me laugh no end and totally destroyed its credibility.
    Blah - gave them names they can chase for references - but being honest, my giving a stuff count with this bunch is running at an all time low and I let them know I wasn't happy... still irked by it all now.
    They're like teenage boyfriends - really can't deal if you're not sat moping by the phone when they don't want you - lol!

2. Sooo work's been pants last half term but that was inevitable since temporary circumstances meant I could only do pre-booked (lost last minute use of a car for a couple of months)... but grrrrrrrrrarrrrghhhhhhhhh at a certain agency whom I shall not name but used to start with a S and now start with an R.
    So... after getting naff all in the way of work for them for a year or so, and other agencies picking up the slack (they hate it when you don't just sit there moping by the phone - lol), they rang me mid-last year having rediscovered me on their system and called me in to reactivate my file - usual blah blah blah, need new references etc etc - was annoying enough since it was their own flipping system failure but fine, grit teeth and get through it (had found them the least pleasant bunch to deal with out of my agencies for a long while so wasn't devastated when they'd stopped calling tbh). Got two and a half days' work out of them before the calls dried up again - again, I don't sit and hang on their every word so I moved on and carried on elsewhere.
    Half term now and the phone rings... need references again as their "state of the art" computer system has knocked me onto inactive. Their problem, not mine and I'm not running around like an idiot chasing references up for naff all work. The usual lines "I could have you working every day", and their favourite chestnut "we're just about to get really busy"... now, I might believe that - but you've used it in the past to me the week before the schools break up in July which made me laugh no end and totally destroyed its credibility.
    Blah - gave them names they can chase for references - but being honest, my giving a stuff count with this bunch is running at an all time low and I let them know I wasn't happy... still irked by it all now.
    They're like teenage boyfriends - really can't deal if you're not sat moping by the phone when they don't want you - lol!