1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rant

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by lelseydramaqueen, Jan 27, 2011.

1. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
    Am I educating kids or drilling all any spark of individuality out of them so that they can be ' responsible', good little conformists? I feel like telling them to stick in at Maths and all be bankers. Get to gamble for a living and NEVER lose! Get paid for bringing countries to their knees! It's like a huge game of Risk! Woohoo!
    Don't have the heart to tell them that most of them will lead very ordinary lives of desperation. meet someone , have kids, meet someone else, have some more kids, meet yet another someone else and have even more kids. End up alone but at least you will have kids to look after you. If you're foolish enough to pursue a career and put off having kids til its too late then you will end up alone and No-ONE will care because you are OLD! And as we know , that is one of the biggest crimes in our society.
    I am sick of always having to have a medical reason for feeling *** off! 'Time o the month' 'menopause' etc etc. Why can I not just feel *** off?!
    I was actually told this week not to display how I felt as it might affect my colleagues! Speechless.
    Hmmm.... feel much better now.
    Will go and cling to the hope and fading belief that I AM doing something worthwhile.
    Am sure I'll feel better soon.....mebbe I will go and get some HRT.
    Or a new job.

2. I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
    Am I educating kids or drilling all any spark of individuality out of them so that they can be ' responsible', good little conformists? I feel like telling them to stick in at Maths and all be bankers. Get to gamble for a living and NEVER lose! Get paid for bringing countries to their knees! It's like a huge game of Risk! Woohoo!
    Don't have the heart to tell them that most of them will lead very ordinary lives of desperation. meet someone , have kids, meet someone else, have some more kids, meet yet another someone else and have even more kids. End up alone but at least you will have kids to look after you. If you're foolish enough to pursue a career and put off having kids til its too late then you will end up alone and No-ONE will care because you are OLD! And as we know , that is one of the biggest crimes in our society.
    I am sick of always having to have a medical reason for feeling *** off! 'Time o the month' 'menopause' etc etc. Why can I not just feel *** off?!
    I was actually told this week not to display how I felt as it might affect my colleagues! Speechless.
    Hmmm.... feel much better now.
    Will go and cling to the hope and fading belief that I AM doing something worthwhile.
    Am sure I'll feel better soon.....mebbe I will go and get some HRT.
    Or a new job.

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

you are lelsey! [​IMG]

Yep!!
    [​IMG]

Hope you have a good Thursday!

Joni xx

4. As Andy Gray would probably say, "Get a grip, wummin'!", [​IMG]

5. Lol

Yeh . sorry Beej....... I hear they have a vacancy ( 2 in fact) at Sky.....job opportunity?
    Am feeling a bit better now. Just had holocaust memorial day assembly - I cry every year at that.
    Thanks Joni......

6. There's not much I wouldn't do for £2m per year! [​IMG]