1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

RandR plus TLR?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by BASILIUS, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Is it possible to get an RandR plus a TLR or do you have to give up one to get the other?
    If you take on a role that attracts an RandR and then get more responsibility, which attracts a TLR, do you have to give up the RandR or can you have both?
    I believe you can't have more than one TLR...
    Thanks in advance,
    B

2. Hi,
    Is it possible to get an RandR plus a TLR or do you have to give up one to get the other?
    If you take on a role that attracts an RandR and then get more responsibility, which attracts a TLR, do you have to give up the RandR or can you have both?
    I believe you can't have more than one TLR...
    Thanks in advance,
    B

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

There are no R&R points any more, simply options for schools to pay an R&R lump sum or on-going amount for a maximum of three years (renewable in a few cases).
    As such, it doesn't affect your regular pay, with or without TLR, but equally cannot be tied to the role, but rather is tied to the post-holder.
    If you change your role, then the R&R payment would have to be subject to negotiation if you wanted to retain it.

4. Hmmm...thanks very much, tafkam, that's interesting!

I'll organise a meeting with my line manager but wanted to check the situation out as I didn't have a clue!
    [​IMG]