1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

random Slimming World question

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tartetatin, Aug 22, 2011.

1. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hi. This probably sounds like a silly question but as it's preying on my mind, I'll ask it anyway.
    I'm currently following Slimming World, mostly on the Extra Easy option. Last night I cooked a pack of Tesco Finest, free range, corn fed (blah blah!) chicken drumsticks/thighs in the oven. As you know, these can be eaten unlimited with all fat removed. I did remove the crispy fat from the outside, but I have to say that the actual meat was still very greasy ... not helped by the fact that's it's obviously been sitting on a greasy oven tray.
    Do they take this into account with the diet or should I run the chicken under hot water or something before eating?!
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Hi. This probably sounds like a silly question but as it's preying on my mind, I'll ask it anyway.
    I'm currently following Slimming World, mostly on the Extra Easy option. Last night I cooked a pack of Tesco Finest, free range, corn fed (blah blah!) chicken drumsticks/thighs in the oven. As you know, these can be eaten unlimited with all fat removed. I did remove the crispy fat from the outside, but I have to say that the actual meat was still very greasy ... not helped by the fact that's it's obviously been sitting on a greasy oven tray.
    Do they take this into account with the diet or should I run the chicken under hot water or something before eating?!
    Thanks [​IMG]

3. I think you are supposed to remove the ski/fat before you cook the meat so it won't absorb the fat. Taking the skin off afterwards is better than not though.

4. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Cook the chicken on a rack so that it's not sitting in fat, then remove the skin and blot with lots of kitchen paper. You should be fine.

5. You need to remove the skin first, and as others have said, cook it on a rack so that any excess drips off.

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Noted for future reference [​IMG]. Thanks all.