1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ramadan Mubarak!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Jul 21, 2012.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Best wishes to all [​IMG]

2. especially the olympic athletes this year

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Ramadan Kareem to you and your family Giraffe.

4. good wishes to you and yours.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Best wishes from me too [​IMG]

6. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Best wishes for Ramadan everyone.

7. scienceteacha

scienceteacha New commenter

Do Olympic athletes have to fast then if they are Muslim, even during competition?

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

I thought established posters weren't moderated but my post - posted a minute ago - still hasn't shown up.
    Maybe I pressed the wrong button.
    Anyway, I said that most muslim athletes would be, technically, travellers and hence allowed to defer their fast. Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

(I'm not sure of the niceties of the Muslim faith...and hope it isn't considered inappropriate/offensive to you for a Christian to send her blessings.....but when all is said and done we are all brothers/sisters.....)
    greetings and blessings to all - and especially giraffe and your family!

10. inky

inky Lead commenter

I can't think why it should be. It's sad that people have to tiptoe around for fear of offending people.

11. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

12. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

When I was in a small desert town in Libya locals crossed the street to wish me Merry Christmas. As someone else said Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Gratefully received, Bethannie, and to you as well. And to all the lovely people here on TES.
    I feel a bit pathetic actually, since I'm not fasting due to being on medication. I will be using the Holy month to make big, positive changes to my life though, In'shAllah.