1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raising the uptake of GCSE RE

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by emcl75, Jan 4, 2016.

1. emcl75

emcl75 New commenter

Hi,
    I joined a new school about 16 months ago, and the uptake of GCSE and AS/A2 level had fallen - we have had two groups at GCSE as opposed to three when I first joined the school.

I have done some student voice and most students are very happy with the RS provision - they have only suggested one or two tweaks. I am also doing things like getting the current AS level students to do a presentation to the year 11's.

I just wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and has found any other useful ways of raising the profile of RS?

Thanks!

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Make it interesting and relevant. Invite speakers in. Do trips out to interesting places. Make it so that they realise RS is everywhere they look and relevant to every area of the curriculum - music, art, history, geography etc. and start drawing those links for themselves.

3. rdigsworth

rdigsworth New commenter

4. jerseyperson

jerseyperson New commenter