1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raised book corners

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hats_hats, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I wonder if anyone can help me...
    Our school is due to expand from infants to full primary and the building works begin as soon as the bell rings at the end of term. Reception are having to move from their lovely, spacious classrooms to what can only be described as shoeboxes!
    Obviously we are looking on the brightside and want to make the most of the space we have to enhance the children's learning and what not. Because we are limited on space we have been thinking of space saving options...
    I suggested 'bunk bed' style book corners, which I have seen photos of on CPD courses (just finished my NQT) but have no idea where to source these? Does anyone know?
    We are hoping that if we can get these, they would be able to accommodate our book corner (on top) and role play area (underneath).

2. I wonder if anyone can help me...
    Our school is due to expand from infants to full primary and the building works begin as soon as the bell rings at the end of term. Reception are having to move from their lovely, spacious classrooms to what can only be described as shoeboxes!
    Obviously we are looking on the brightside and want to make the most of the space we have to enhance the children's learning and what not. Because we are limited on space we have been thinking of space saving options...
    I suggested 'bunk bed' style book corners, which I have seen photos of on CPD courses (just finished my NQT) but have no idea where to source these? Does anyone know?
    We are hoping that if we can get these, they would be able to accommodate our book corner (on top) and role play area (underneath).

3. We had one made by a local carpenter so it was made to our exact ideas, it is lovely and the children really enjoy it.

4. TTS do them. The cost is about £2700 Wont be having one of them for my room anytime soon!!!!

5. http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1857237/Library-Loft/?rguid=969080e8-5683-402f-b705-4d269cc2e4f4
    [​IMG]£799.95!!!!!