1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raise online in Independent Schools?

Discussion in 'Independent' started by elizabethnoyce, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,

Is Raiseonline used in independent schools? I am preparing for my first interview for a deputy head position, but have always worked in the state sector so I'm not sure what transfers across and what doesn't. Any hints?

2. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

My own feeling - and it is only a feeling - is that the answer is likely to be no in many cases. Independent schools have a long tradition of record-keeping and reporting to parents (often at least six times a year), but tend not to embrace statistical analysis or target setting. Although there have been changes in recent years, the indie sector tends to place considerable weight on the professional knowledge of its staff in this area.

3. I've never heard of it so there's at least 3 independents and one SEN indy that don't use it. (I did supply for a few months in the summer between finishing teacher training and starting my current job in September so these are all recent schools).

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Like my colleagues above, I have never heard of it being used in indy schools.
    Senior schools are moving more into data use, but tend to go for the Durham CEM suite (MidYis, YELLIS and ALIS).
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!