1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rainforest Topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by martint1983, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I am doing a topic on rainforests with a KS1 class and II was wondering if anyone could give me the titles on some stories or poems that they think would be good to use. I have a few already but any extra ideas would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

2. I am doing a topic on rainforests with a KS1 class and II was wondering if anyone could give me the titles on some stories or poems that they think would be good to use. I have a few already but any extra ideas would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance.

3. Have done this with year 5, but had some bits and bobs that could be simplified. Give me a minute and I'll try and find what books I got to give you some ideas...

4. Where the Forest Meets the Sea
    The Great Kapok Tree
    The Vanishing Rainforest
    The Shaman's Apprentice
    Over in the Jungle: A rainforest rhyme
    Rainforest Animals (Animal verse)

That's just a few of the ones I have gotten before, but most of the work I did on the rainforest was non-fiction. Have you taught it before? Its definitely my favourite topic to teach!

5. Thanks for your help, but I have all of those LOL.
    It's the first time I have taught it but the kids are absolutely loving it. I have a few books but just looking for any extras that I have missed.
    Thanks for your help though.