1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rainforest dance

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Bevi1, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Bevi1

Bevi1 New commenter

Hi,
    I am just starting a new unit of dance about the Rainforest with a year 3 class and have some ideas but would like to get some more if possible. In return I promise to post the finished unit of work on the TES resources website.
    I will be looking at animals ( levels and motif development), the idea of camouflage in the jungle (relationships and unison), and deforestation (contrasting dynamics and rhythms). I am using an old B52s track called 'The World's Green laughter, which is awesome for the piece (love the funky bird songs).
    Does anyone have any other suggestions about other elements I might incorporate or have suggestions of where to look online for ideas from professional works. I do like to show the children something visual.
    Any ideas would be great!

2. Hi,

I know this was posted a while ago but I am thinking about doing a dance unit in my Amazon Rainforest topic and my ideas were fairly similar to yours - I've mainly been searching for a song really. I've listened to your song suggestion - is that the song you decided to use? did it work well with the dance, particularly the deforestation section?

3. Bevi1

Bevi1 New commenter

Hi, actually the dance unit was a total success. I did use the b52s and it worked well.