1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Rafa's out

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Jul 2, 2015.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Well that was exciting! What a game from Brown. Can he do that again though. I bet he'll never leave a return on match point again, that's for certain.

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Probably one of the most exciting games I've seen in X years of watching the tournament. Brown's style was very late 20th century, and poor old Rafa had no answer. It was refreshing to watch players using the whole court and not just 2 yards behind the baseline!!

3. flossy-fluffy

flossy-fluffy New commenter

This is the only match I've watched right the way through. How exciting! Brown was a pleasure to watch, especially his range of shots. And ok, I thought he himself was pretty nice to look at too!

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Brown is rather pleasing on the eye!

5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Is right !

6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

As usual, I've switched on the tennis, but after yesterday's feast, this looks just so boring and unimaginative. It's as though they'll get an electric shock if they go in past the base line.

TAKE A CHANCE!! RISK IT!!

.......................and calm.

7. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Lead commenter

For one moment, I thought you meant the new Real Madrid manager!

8. Jo Shmo

Jo Shmo New commenter

Brown was very entertaining to watch. Would love to see him against someone like Djokovic. Shame to see Rafa go though. He needs to get a new coach. He probably won't 'cause it's family. But if he wants to win another Grand Slam, it's adios Tio Toni.

9. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Do you not think Rafa's day is done?

Serve and volley, chaps! It's GRASS.

I blame Andre Agassi.