1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Radio News???

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by GCSEMediaRevision, Sep 27, 2016.

1. GCSEMediaRevision

GCSEMediaRevision New commenter

Hi all, sorry if this has been posted already but i'm stumped! We're teaching to the WJEC GCSE exam and for their Section B (planning) the students have to create something based on Radio News. Anyone got any ideas/resources that might help tackle this section?

2. amd26

amd26 New commenter

I am teaching the same spec and have no idea. Been thrown in this year to teach the current 11s after our Media teacher left.

They have no coursework (well have just rushed then throught representations and genre is in the process)

Stressed!

Any help would be gratefully taken.

3. GCSEMediaRevision

I can help you with the coursework - I've been teaching the spec for a few years so I can definitely help with that.

As for the exam - I guess we're on our own with that for a while! :)

4. amd26

amd26 New commenter

That is fabulous, thank you so much.

They are to start a magazine cover (all doing same task)

I have given them the research task to begin with but not sure where to go with the creation.

Thanks.

5. GCSEMediaRevision

i do magazine covers every year. If you pm me your email address I'll send you the PowerPoint we use to go through the production

6. amd26

amd26 New commenter

You are so kind.
    I have sent a PM.

7. InItForTheHolidays

InItForTheHolidays New commenter

I bought the Zig Zag WJEC GCSE past papers, which i think are really good. They have three example past paers, with mark schemes, and two of the papers have example student answers, plus examiner's commentary.

I think the tasks which students might be asked to complete would be things such as scripts, running orders, headlines, jingles, and justifications for their creative decisions for all of these. The last task in section B is usually a question about audience or industry. I am happy to share some of my resources with you if you like. Feel free to send me a message.

8. GCSEMediaRevision

Thanks for the reply, I had the ZigZag stuff on order anyway and have just received them :)