1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Radio 2 in your early/mid 30s?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lrw22, May 21, 2011.

1. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

Just faffing around on TES whilst listening to Going Out With Alan Carr. I love Radio 2 but am I too young at 34?!! Have this feeling that I should be listening to Radio 1 until I hit 40!
    Any other Radio 2 fans in their 30s on here?

2. People are different

The better half listened to R2 from his 20s but is now into R4 in his late 40s

I am in my late 40s also and still R1 ... especially Moyles

3. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

Quite partial to some stuff on R4 too actually! That must make me really ancient before my years. Do sometimes listen to my local, commercial "pop" station but it's usually R2 I go for!

4. I'm 29 and I listen to Radio 2 in the car on the way to and from work, 6Music at home. I can't stomach Radio 1 for more than about 30 seconds... I don't like the music and the DJs annoy the hell out of me.

5. I only listen to Moyles on Radio 1 on the way to work. Used to listen to Radio 5 in my teens!

6. When I had a longer drive to work I used to listen to Radio 2 and i'm now only 25!! In the evenings I usually listen to 5 live after 10 for the discussions.
    I absolutely hate radio one and will even at times listen to the local BBC radio station rather than that!

7. Don't be daft. Radio 2 has quality tunes. Radio 1 is (mostly) trite sh*te only fit for teenagers with crappy taste in music.

8. I used to love listening to Ceaser the Boogie man on invictor in the evenings when I was younger... all those ghost stories and paranormal bits [​IMG]

9. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I listen to R2 - R1 is utter ***** and plays the same tunes over and over again...
    I've been listening to R4 for as long as I can remember ('twas on constant at home when I was growing up) and have been listening to it voluntarily since I left home at 18 - in fact, I can't fall sleep without listening to it!

10. Oh yeah, I forgot to say ... we R1 listeners are obviously a bit thick

Whereas R2 listeners are, apparently, rather judgemental

hrmph

11. [​IMG] hehe

12. Makes me feel old [​IMG]

(There was no R5 in my teens)

13. At lest I think it was Radio 5... the ones with stories after the news about 5-7pm ish?
    Anyhow, I am only 21 [​IMG]

14. I wouldn't know - still don't listen to R5!
    Radio Luxembourg in my teens - or Radio 1.

15. My son has enjoyed Radio 2 for years and he's only 26 now! Recently he changed to Five Live.

16. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

I listened to R2 from my early twenties on, but took it off my radio alarm when I realised that the feelings of homicidal rage that I was experiencing every morning were a result of my subconscious having to listen to Sarah Kennedy wittering on about her shed whilst I was asleep.

17. I miss Terry Wogan's breakfast show so much. Sob!

18. I love Radio 2 and I'm under 30, I also love Radio 4.
    I don't mind some of the music on Radio 1 (Annie Mac etc) but can't stand Moyles, find him offensive, sexist and has yet to raise a smile let alone a laugh. Actually, not Radio 1 I dislike so much as that man!

19. Hell no! I used to listen to Radio 2 when I went to stay with my Grandad and I was 9 when I started to do this. I also listen to Radio 2 when I'm in the doctor's surgery, so you're certainly not too young at 34! I've also been listening to Classic FM since I was 18 and that station also has some stereotypes about who listens to it, as do all radio stations (all of these stereotypes rubbish usually perpetuated by people who have never even listened to the stations in question, so have no idea what they're talking about)!
    Personally, I listen to whatever station has music or programmes on that interest me at the time regardless of whether 'I'm too old or young for it'. If I like what's on the station, I listen to it! Sod those who are obsessed with petty divisions, such as how old you have to be!
    Keep enjoying the radio as I do! ;-)

20. Ohh I LOVE the saturday night show with Alan Carr - it really gets me in the mood for going out. I listen to Kerrang and R2 with a touch of local radio and R4 when I'm driving. I'm 38.