1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Racist comments on newsfeed

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Apr 22, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Tes - I really hope someone is going to start moderating what's coming through for all Tes users to see on their newsfeed. If it's not someone spamming external sales ads or pasting random email addresses for hours, then it's a troll. Here's the latest: upload_2019-4-22_20-59-37.png

I know I keep banging on - but you can't just set up a socal media style newsfeed and have no preferences or options whatsoever for it. People need to be able to report comments, block trolls and choose what they want or don't want to see. This is why facebook groups have admins for example. If there isn't the staff to monitor it, I'd suggest not letting people comment on the news articles until there is.

Cheers

Emily

Attached Files:

2. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

3. penyrheol1

penyrheol1 New commenter

This person is not only despicable they can't spell either - thought it was Spanish!

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  4. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thanks for bringing this to our awareness, the message has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

[Richard]

EC_Resources likes this.
  5. englbee

englbee New commenter

There are further inappropriate comments on previous articles by the same individual. They need banning.

6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for flagging up the comment in the news feed, which has now been removed, and for highlighting the user's record for posting inappropriate comments.

7. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Whilst that one comment has been removed, there are many more from the same user which are still there and their account is still active. Here are just a few I found, there are more: tescomments.png tescomments2.png tescomments3.png

8. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @Lead_Practitioner. Those comments should be removed now. Please let us know if you see anymore that we may have missed.