1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Rabbits!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dan404, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Sorry, no idea whether this is the right place for a question like this, but as a bit of light relief from thinking about striking I thought I'd ask this: Anyone know how to deal with a rabbit problem at school?

Basically, the fury, lovable, cuddly little things (delete as appropriate) are digging up our school field constantly. No sooner has someone filled in the holes, then they're off digging up another bit. In all seriousness, this is doing my head in, football training now starts with the hole filling ritual, and our sports day practice today was a joke! Any suggestions, and has anyone else had this problem too? As much as I'd love to shoot them, this is apparently deemed unsuitable for primary school.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sorry, no idea whether this is the right place for a question like this, but as a bit of light relief from thinking about striking I thought I'd ask this: Anyone know how to deal with a rabbit problem at school?

Basically, the fury, lovable, cuddly little things (delete as appropriate) are digging up our school field constantly. No sooner has someone filled in the holes, then they're off digging up another bit. In all seriousness, this is doing my head in, football training now starts with the hole filling ritual, and our sports day practice today was a joke! Any suggestions, and has anyone else had this problem too? As much as I'd love to shoot them, this is apparently deemed unsuitable for primary school.

Thanks in advance.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Design Technology project?

Design and make a trap.

Cross curricular with science and PSHCE for the best way to actually kill once trapped.

Back to DT for cooking.

Sorry no serious solutions. Wouldn't have a clue.

4. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Local Authority Pest Control?

5. Tell me where and I'll bring round some ferrets.No reason not to shoot them at the weekend, probably in the evening when the kids are in bed.

6. Sports Day mums and dads hole filling race?

I can send you my dog - he won't catch any but he'll run around the holes in a vaguely optimistic fashion and he looks very cute!

7. Nice one, thanks for that, I particularly liked the advice about using as a cross curricular bit of planning, I can feel an ode for a dead rabbit, being written by my year 6 right now, whilst stirring the stew. I'm not too keen on rabbit, might have been the way it was cooked mind!

I did think about pest control, the other things that's been suggested were smoke sticks, but not too sure whether this could be a health and safety issue? In the meantime I'll add the mum's and dad's pot hole filling to the sports day programme!

8. You can borrow our yard cats? They do a good job of keeping the population down!

9. Archery practice - make it part of sports day.

10. thehawk

thehawk Occasional commenter

Only rabbits! We have foxes. We could do a swap.