1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Raab to seek legal costs against Harry Dunn's family

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Nov 21, 2019.

1. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-50501097

My God! I am utterly shocked! Raab has completely failed in his duty to get Anne Sucoolas's returned to the UK to face the courts over the death of Harry Dunn. A measure of just how far the Tory's are up Donald Trump's you know what, that Raab is willing to show us just what a piece of dog's, again you know what, he is, by seeking legal costs against Harry's family!

I can only repeat myself. I am utterly shocked! What an absolute bully!

2. CraigCarterSmith

CraigCarterSmith Established commenter

are you shocked though? really? are you? Today's Tories and those who vote for them? are you really?

3. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

That really is a new low.
    She's absolutely welcome to my tax pound.

Sacoolas has gone to ground. Any idea what she's up to?

Jamvic and TCSC47 like this.
  4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

I can’t bear listening to Raab; can’t stand his wheedling, insincere voice. Interesting that John Crace portrays him as a secret assassin.
    I would hope that the outcry against this move is sufficient to make the Government think again. If not, I would imagine that public support for the family would provide financial assistance, through crowdfunding, maybe? Should not have to come to that, mind.

harsh-but-fair, Jamvic and TCSC47 like this.
  5. Dodros

Dodros Star commenter

[​IMG]
    A mystery woman. The British media only seem to have a grainy bridal picture of her from years ago.

Jamvic likes this.
  6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Yes, I actually am. It is such a low hit clearly to bully the Dunn's off the back of Trump.

I am also very disappointing in the Tory Party. Once upon a time they used to be genuine one nation Tory's and I actually had some time for some of them. Not now though. Even Thatcher would not have stooped to these lows. If ever we wanted an excellent example of kowtowing, this is it.

And it comes on top of the Nasty party's attempt to scam the electorate with their "Fact checking" [sic] twitter feed during the Bojob / JC TV debate. No morals, no ethics. Even my Tory friends (yes I have some) are disgusted.

7. Jamvic

Jamvic Lead commenter

I think this is the conclusion most will come to from this action.

8. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Perhaps she and Ghislaine Maxwell have gone to ground together.

9. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Let us try to be as kind as we can. (I know he doesn't deserve it but still...) Maybe it's simply a catastrophic misreading of public opinion? Hard to imagine anyone could be that gormless, but let's not forget the Duke of York's TV interview.
    Some people just don't understand normal compassionate responses.

10. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

How was he supposed to achieve that?

11. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Here's a better one they could use then!

[​IMG]

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Surely this would only happen if the judicial review which the family are seeking finds that the Foreign Office's decision to advise Northamptonshire Police that Mrs Sacoolas had the benefit of diplomatic immunity was lawful.

If it was found to be unlawful then the FCO will have to pay the costs.

The FCO argues the family has not found "any reasonably arguable ground of legal challenge."

13. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

He doesn't even have the brains to put on the appearance of trying to be helpful.

TCSC47 likes this.
  14. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That's got to lose them a few votes. Every little helps.

TCSC47, gainly and HelenREMfan like this.
  15. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

Why aren't Raab, Gove and the bonking buffoon being sued for wasting over £100,000,000 of taxpayers' money on preparing for a no deal Brexit on October 31st which was never going to happen?

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

A successful prosecution would be possible, because a government would have to make contingency plans for the worst case Brexit.

A bigger question to ask is who the beneficiaries of the stockpiles will ulimately be if the Brexit deal goes through and it turns out the warehouse of food and medicines aren't needed after all, but get disposed of for a song.

Every angle you look at Brexit from, you can only see a scam of one sort or another.

These Tory b.astards will benefit whether they get Brexit done or don't.

17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

What about the billions that will be wasted next year when the no-deal preparations will have to start all over again.

I do hope there isn't going to be a Johnson majority but I fear there will be.

...and it will be like watching a car crash in slow motion.

18. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

I see what you mean. He is a bit useless isn't he. Just one of the greasy pole climbers and Trump brown nosers inhabiting the reigns of the Nasty party at the moment. The Great Orange Clown, embarrassing the USA at the moment, has decreed that Raab is to be ignored, pretty much like the rest of our stepped down pathetic excuse of a government. Trump is probably waiting for uber The Donald brown noser, Farage to become PM before he deigns to talk to the British Government. And then it will be merely to buy our NHS or similar.

19. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

You don't really.
    Here today, gone tomorrow SoSs have little knowledge of diplomacy and extradition law.

20. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

Oh dear. Sarcasm in print has not worked once again. But nothing sarcastic about the fact he is a useless piece of whatever. And a great Trump brown noser.