1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

R001 June 2016 exam- FunGym

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sparklemotion, Mar 10, 2016.

1. sparklemotion

sparklemotion New commenter

Attached Files:

2. josephanthony440

josephanthony440 New commenter

The test is in May

3. sparklemotion

Is this a wind up?

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

One hell of an interesting exam from what pupils telling me! A large mark question that is not in R001 specification potentially will need to have a look if they are right!

5. sparklemotion

a 10 marker on email etiquette? My students found it remarkably similar to all the mocks we've done (which we've taken from tes resources). They're happy... I'm happy.

6. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Yes that was a good one but optimisation of an image is a bit unfair as it is not in R001 spec

7. skybluesteve

skybluesteve New commenter

I have emailed OCR querying the weighting of this question (over 10% of exam) on a topic not included implicitly in R001 specification explaining my concerns about the weighting of the question but not the inclusion (as it was in the research tasks). Bit unfair asking for 8 marks on something only referred to as 'graphics manipulation software' within the whole of the specification for R001 and no actual mention of 'Image Optimisation'?
    I will let you know about any response.

8. skybluesteve

skybluesteve New commenter

As per usual, after posting a comment, I re-read things and find a glaring error. I have now seen that on page 9 it says "the factors affecting the appropriate optimisation of electronic files (e.g. download speeds, quality of product)" ...
    doh!