1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

R-Y6 Whole school tracking of Letters and Sounds in Australia

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Helen_Spencer, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Helen_Spencer

Helen_Spencer New commenter

Hi All

I'm hoping that some experts out there might be willing to help some Aussie 'cousins'.

We have been using individual Letters and Sounds booklets in Word for several years. We would like to know if any schools have an electronic system of recording (maybe in Excel) which enables the fidelity and rigour of the Letters and Sounds program to be maintained whilst enabling whole school handover and tracking of individual students and cohorts. Anybody willing to share?

Thanks a million
    Helen

2. sckinsley

sckinsley New commenter

Hi, without knowing who the publisher is it is difficult to work out the format of recording. Do you use paper recording sheets at the moment, a word template or something similar? If you do not have a IMS in the school where you can create marksheets then it would be possible to create either a spreadsheet system or possibly an Access database which would record the data on a form and automatically place it in a table. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the Australian systems so I cannot be more specific.