1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

R&R Pro-rata??

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by whosholly, Nov 11, 2018.

1. I've just come back off maternity leave and have dropped from full time to 0.8.
    Before I left I had an R&R of £2000 pa which was due to continue until next September. The school have said they need to look into it further to see if they should drop it to 0.8.
    What are the guidelines around R&Rs with newly part time staff?
    Nothing on my contract to guide me.
    Many thanks

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Almost certainly pro rate so will drop with your reduction to part time. Ask your HR department.

3. frustum

frustum Star commenter

TLRs usually have to be paid pro rata, so you lose some of that pay when you go part-time - although some schools realise that if you're still doing all the tasks then that's rather unfair, so will find a way to work around that. R&R doesn't carry any responsibilities, and it seems to make logical sense that if you're only 80% there, you only get 80% of the reward for being recruited/retained.

Piranha and Rott Weiler like this.
  4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

If you are on STPCD

41. Determination of remuneration of part-time teachers

41.1. The salary and any allowances, except for TLR3s, of a part-time teacher must be determined in accordance with the pro rata principle.
    R&R allowance would fall within that so you are only entitled to 0.8 of it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018