1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quote of the day

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jul 24, 2012.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

'I don't drink alone. If I have a glass of wine and am talking to someone on the phone who also has a glass of wine then I'm not drinking alone'
    This is not from me, but a deceased distant member of Mr Belle's family. But don't you just love the sentiment behind it? [​IMG]

2. Not mine, but a quote painted onto the wall of a bar in Glasgow I used to go to:
    'I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy'
    :)

3. Absolutely love that! I've got a few members of my own family that would fall into this camp as well... I might actually, but the less said about that the better!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Did he die of cirrhosis of the liver?

5. BelleDuJour

No.
    SHE died peacefiully in her sleep aged 98.
    She's also been widowed 3 times in her life and lost 2 children.
    Sorry to disappoint Nutella. Do not be so quick to judge in future.

6. Not a quote but I startled the hell out of the garden club I was speaking to tonight by telling them how important orgasms were to soil fertility......

7. Cosmos, you did that deliberately to see who was paying attention!

8. I really didn't maddy!
    There was a moment's shocked silence while everyone tried to work out whether I had actually said what they thought I said ....and then I certainly did have their attention.

9. My 17 year old son to me, having seen a jokey photo on the Internet:"Well what do anal beads DO then?"

10. I dunno. Something like a necklace for your bottom?

11. Sorry to disappoint Nutella. Do not be so quick to judge in future.[​IMG]

12. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Who was it who said they wished wasps didn't come out in the summer?

13. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

[​IMG]

14. I liked this on a birthday card I received earlier this month:
    First a woman is a child
    then a teenager
    then she is young
    then she is fabulous!!

15. I'm still chortling over my 19-year-old saying "Why you going crazy on my ass?" (because I suggested that if she sort her room out just a little the cleaner would be able to Hoover some fragments of the carpet.)

16. tidal

tidal New commenter

Lacking in logical thought It is statistically impossible to drink alone Whenever one raises a glass, someone, somewhere will be doing the same.

17. BelleDuJour

Indeed Tidal. As my ex used to say 'somewhere in the world it is always time for a beer' [​IMG]

18. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

[​IMG]

19. Tut tut - giraffe, behave or you'll have killer on your <strike>ass</strike> neck
    It is far too nice a day to squabble.
    On the basis that somewhere in the world it is drinking time, I'm going to have a cold glass of rose
    Cheers!

20. BelleDuJour

Hey Cosmos....I might just join you!
    Had a knock on the door about an hour ago and there was a nice man with a case of 6 magnums of champagne for us! How lovely. Guess we won't be going thirsty in Belle Towers then [​IMG]