1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Top of the Pops" What modern "tunes" do you use in your classroom?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Tamster150, Jan 14, 2011.

1. I use D.I.S.C.O for dough gym and Disney's Bear necessities for tidying-up.
    Also Sclub7's "Reach for the Stars", R'Kelly's "I believe I can fly" for assembly
    Looking for some new inspiration...

2. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

Are you meaning for routines or generally?

3. whats dough gym

4. Don't know what dough gym is but....
    I have used Elbow 'One day like this' in the morning before register. 'Mission Impossible' theme for tidy up time. 'Were all in this together - HSM' for PE. Umbrella - but the Baseballs version as they go out on a particularly wet day and they hate being kept under the shelter. The Surfaris 'Wipeout' if they need to work of some energy (not modern AT ALL) or the Hawaii 5 0 music. 'Put a little love in your heart' if things have got a bit fraught and fraxious - Billy Ray Cyrus version. 'Something inside so strong' for a bit of moral inspiration(!) - Rock Choir's version. Prince Buster's 'Enjoy Yourself' to get us going in the pm if things are dragging.
    They also like all the cheesy summer songs like Ketchup song, Macarena etc and anything that the Wiggles do. Current favs include 'Boys and Girls' - Pixie Lott.
    They would listen to anything but quite a lot of chart stuff isn't always lyrically suitable for them and would not like to send them home singing something that may offend but I'm sure there are some dodgy lyrics in some of the songs I've mentioned here anyway. Ring the changes and try and play lots of different styles of music. We also listen to Arvo Part spiegel im spiegel, loads of show songs and a bit of Carmina Burana if I'm getting stressed at the noise level as it shows them how to whisper.....
    (They also listen to The Archers music if I forget to turn my phone off and it rings.....)