1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Outstanding" school inspected again

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by Sir Cumference, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New commenter

I have been head of my school for one year. In 2007 it was graded "Outstanding". This week we were inspected again. Why? Because of the change of headteacher. So please note: Outstanding schools WILL be inspected if the head changes.

2. It looks to me Sir C that you've answered your own question there.

3. Well, strictly speaking, they are inspected every year anyway. For schools that were inspected in 06/07 and judged good or outstanding, an interim assessment was carried out which looked at :
    • pupils’ attainment – including the attainment of significant groups of pupils and attainment in core subjects
    • pupils’ progress – including the progress made by different groups of pupils
    • pupils’ attendance
    • any subject or survey inspections carried out by Ofsted since the last section 5 inspection
    • any qualifying complaints about the school made by parents or carers
    • any other significant issues brought to Ofsted’s attention, for example by the local authority
    Schools that were scrutinised and were not deemed to require an inspection were informed on 12th May 2010. A random sample of schools were also inspected. A change in leadership is not mentioned in the interim assessment criteria, so I'm not sure this would have triggered an inspection.