1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quorn chicken recipes

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by lilachardy, Aug 4, 2012.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Stir fry?
    Pie?
    Curry?

I don't find it very versatile, to be honest!

2. Fajitas?
    Tagine?
    Soup?
    Risotto?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Sauce to go with pasta, adding chopped peppers and an onion then passatta.

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

I used it to made a thai red curry last week with coconut mlk, green beans and mushrooms.

5. Thanks so muchf ro the suggestions. Not sure what to do yet but at least now I have some ideas!

6. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

My favourite Quorn recipe using Quorn Chicken-Style Pieces:
    1) Put the Quorn pieces into a saute or large frying pan with a touch of oil and allow to cook until defrosted/warmed through.
    2) Add sliced onions and, shortly later, slices peppers and mushrooms, season to taste and cook together for a few minutes.
    3) Add a crushed clove of garlic and a good squeeze of tomato puree and stir a few times.
    4) Sprinkle over a tablespoon of flour and a good amount of paprika (I like a mix of normal and smoked) and cook for 30 seconds. Pur over about 3/4 pint of milk and stir to create a smooth sauce. Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened and flour is cooked.
    5) Add a handful eah of frozen peas ad sweetcorn, cook for a further 5 minutes.
    6) Stir through a tablespoon of creme fraiche to lighten and serve with rice.