1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quizzes in PowerPoint

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by evilpixie, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm looking for different ways to do AFL and get my monitoring and assessment done (PGCE student!). I know I am weak in this are as it is but I also have an assignment in it.
    I was thinking of trying a test/quiz in PowerPoint using VBA but rather than asking for the results I wondered if it was possible to either e-mail me the results (and their answers) or save the information to a file which I can then open later?
    This may, however, be a stupid idea!

Either way I would appreciate your thoughts and comments

Kim

2. Hi,
    I'm looking for different ways to do AFL and get my monitoring and assessment done (PGCE student!). I know I am weak in this are as it is but I also have an assignment in it.
    I was thinking of trying a test/quiz in PowerPoint using VBA but rather than asking for the results I wondered if it was possible to either e-mail me the results (and their answers) or save the information to a file which I can then open later?
    This may, however, be a stupid idea!

Either way I would appreciate your thoughts and comments

Kim

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Sounds like the wrong tool, what vle do you have access to?

4. I'm not sure as I haven't got to my next placement yet.
    I was trying to think outside the box! I know Moodle can do this by using it's own or hot potatoe quizzes and uni have given us a Moodle...
    Guess I need to be patient and wait until I am at school rather than trying to get ahead!

5. pixie,
    Don't think outside the box.
    As djp says (hints?) use something more obvious.
    I'm sure you've got tons of other things to use your time on in the most stressful year of your life and you are only going to impress yourself.
    No offence meant btw.

6. Evilpixie - HotPotatoes will do this for you regardless of whether you have Moode or not - you can upload your hotpotato quiz to their site and your pupils can do it and you can get emailed the answers. OR.. try a free trial of www.quia.com -does exactly the same only probably easier and with more variety.

7. Sorry - to clarify - for simple quizzes you can get results from - google and download hotpotatoes and sign up to hotpotatoes.net OR sign up for free trial to www.quia.com and make some quizzes there.

8. Thanks!

I didn't realise HP could be used online! Fab!

JB - yep I do have lots to do! [​IMG]