1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quiz questions that would be easy for kids but hard for adults.....

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by b_m, Jan 4, 2012.

1. b_m

b_m New commenter

Hi all
    Happy new year!
    I received a letter from a parent today asking if I could help then with a "Beat the Parents" quiz which they are doing to raise funds for a local theatre group.
    The situation is basically this.... half the questions are normal "adult" questions, and half are designed for children, which will hopefully be harder for the adults to answer.
    They've asked for questions! I've thought about questions based around social networking, mp3 players etc, but of course many older people use these technologies too.
    I throw it open to the collective genius on here- what questions would you suggest may work well?

2. b_m

b_m New commenter

Hi all
    Happy new year!
    I received a letter from a parent today asking if I could help then with a "Beat the Parents" quiz which they are doing to raise funds for a local theatre group.
    The situation is basically this.... half the questions are normal "adult" questions, and half are designed for children, which will hopefully be harder for the adults to answer.
    They've asked for questions! I've thought about questions based around social networking, mp3 players etc, but of course many older people use these technologies too.
    I throw it open to the collective genius on here- what questions would you suggest may work well?

3. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

Nope thats spongebob and to easy lol!!!

5. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

It depends how old the children are but a picture round based on moshi monsters/club penguin etc characters would probably defeat most adults
    As would a "which phone is this" round - my year 10s can tell this differences at 40 paces - i have difficulty when I'm holding them in my hands.
    If you want to turn it around though - In my xmas quiz the year 12 couldn't identify pictures of
    Bill Gates - most common answer: an MP
    Tim Berners-Lee - most common answer - our ex head teacher
    ...and perhaps most sadly
    A BBC micro - most common answer: a typewriter !!!
    " you mean the computer's in the box !; nah you gotta mean 32Gig etc" I felt like some victorian time traveller

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Best first purchase upgrade in Minecraft/WoW
    How long does it take to fly from Bloxx to B'nar without any dark matter
    How do you unbrick an iPod/iPad/iPhone
    How to defeat the end of level boss in (insert computer game name)
    How do you play online games in school avoiding the proxy blocking

On a more serious note why not ask HoDs what they're teaching at present? Get some ideas from science, english and geography with key terms, characters from books etc.

7. Name 5 pokemon characters

8. How do you unbrick them ? Short of returning them to Mapple.

9. Usually when students ask me about bricked phones they just need an engineers reset and the combinations are available widely online.

10. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

No Idea, I'm not a child [​IMG]