1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quiz help needed!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by FenellaF, Dec 10, 2011.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

HI, I am stuck on a few questions. Yes, I know that theoretically it could be classed as cheating, and yes, I know it's Christmas and we're all busy working out how we're going to fit 5 weeks worth of work into one, but any help would be much appreciated! All the answers are clothing or materials.
    2. Norfolk town made famous by its weavers. 4. Worn on the front of a stage. 9. Made for women in New York and London 10. Wear it at a musical junction 11. What WB Yeats wished for 13. Overcharge or defraud 17. Thanks, Shakespeare! 18. The hart did this for cooling streams 23. Dutch wooden shoes get gummed up 24. Type of flea after B 26. Throw it down! 28. Hold up aces with British rail

2. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

HI, I am stuck on a few questions. Yes, I know that theoretically it could be classed as cheating, and yes, I know it's Christmas and we're all busy working out how we're going to fit 5 weeks worth of work into one, but any help would be much appreciated! All the answers are clothing or materials.
    2. Norfolk town made famous by its weavers. 4. Worn on the front of a stage. 9. Made for women in New York and London 10. Wear it at a musical junction 11. What WB Yeats wished for 13. Overcharge or defraud 17. Thanks, Shakespeare! 18. The hart did this for cooling streams 23. Dutch wooden shoes get gummed up 24. Type of flea after B 26. Throw it down! 28. Hold up aces with British rail

3. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

First thoughts
    4 Apron
    9 Nylons
    18 pants
    23 clogs

4. ROSIEGIRL

2. Worstead

5. 28 Braces

6. 17 Tabard (that's a good clue!)

7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

8. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Thanks everyone so far. Ta-bard! Get it now! Yes, it is a good clue!

9. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

10 petticoat
    17 tabard
    26 gauntlet
    28 braces

10. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

You lot are fab! I have a few more, if I may be so bold...
    31. Avoid, go round 32. Headwear definitely not rural! 37. Hurl those rugby players 40. It defrauds all the air currents
    41. ______________ Him with many __________s 42. Headwear with gas? 44. Intertwined material goes to the help of British Rail 45. Affix those chevrons 47. This garment can be very forming! 48. Would politicians ask your opinion about this material? 51. Hold back the water and ask! 56. Helps keep the rain out rounding the Horn 57. Jacket set on fire? 59. The lion is almost late for his acrobatic costume

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

41 crown
    44 braid
    47 habit
    57 blazer
    59 leotard

12. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Blimey Bethannie, you're good!

13. kareneliot

kareneliot Occasional commenter

51 Damask
    56 Cape

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Yeats wished for 'the cloths of heaven'.

15. ROSIEGIRL

31 skirt
    48 canvas

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

56 Sou'wester? I think Cape maybe has the stronger case though.

17. Doolittle

Doolittle New commenter

32 turban?

18. 23. clogs

19. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Thank you so much everyone! There's some proper brainy people out there!

20. andromache

andromache New commenter

i think 10 is tuxedo.