1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quitting teaching - want some advice about setting up own business.

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by jondabell, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jondabell

jondabell New commenter

I'm quitting teaching this year, after eleven increasingly unhappy years in the profession. Just got to make it to the end of the summer term and that's it!!
    I've decided to start my own business. My plan is to run mini-bus day trips for the public - you know, seaside days out, city day trips, theatre runs, theme park days, etc. etc. I will be visiting the bank in a few days and finding out more about how to do it.
    I was wondering if anyone on here knows about the situation for government grants and loans for small businesses at the moment. A friend of mine quit the job to become a self-employed painter and decorator (a pretty successful one at that!) and he reckons he was being inundated with various offers of help and finacial support. He was saying he thought it would be much harder than it actually was... and he's never looked back. Can anyone on here give me any pointers??
    Thanks in advance.

2. Hi
    I have sent you a PM

3. In case you don't see my other post for you - are you near to this job?

https://ig29.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_Lewisham01.asp?s=kveGdJOlYwNZeBbNwt&jobid=67977,5752591514&key=69058055&c=412341122599&pagestamp=seoymzxwxmiexgdzyq