1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quiet after snow days?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Lucilla90, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Lucilla90

Lucilla90 Occasional commenter

It seems quiet this week, after our local schools had two to three snow days last week.

Could this be because everyone had an extra-restful long weekend? Having had half term, then snow days, it’s a bit of a thrifty period round here.

How is it where you are, work wise?

pepper5 likes this.
  2. historygrump

historygrump Lead commenter Forum guide

I was thinking the same thing Lucilla, I had a short day on Monday and work today and possibly tomorrow, but it as been quiet this week in comparison to normal and this time of year we should be snowed under with work, hopefully things will pick up next week.

3. HeyDuggee

HeyDuggee New commenter

Definitely quieter. I am usually sent to the same school 4 to 5 days a week,they usually need quite a few supplys on a daily basis and they havent needed any this week.

4. thewritingsupply

thewritingsupply Occasional commenter

I have to say I’ve been busier than usual this week, lots of calls coming in and return bookings at a school. Haven’t noticed an impact from the snow days last week near me.

HeyDuggee likes this.
  5. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Two days for me this week and nothing today which is unusual since Fridays are busy.

6. Lucilla90

Lucilla90 Occasional commenter

Same here, unless anyone pegs out during the morning (not, of course, that I am wishing such a thing on anyone!)

pepper5 likes this.
  7. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

It is 9:00 a.m., so I doubt I shall get a shout.

agathamorse likes this.