1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick team games in PE for year 5/6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by flowerfairy9, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Hi all. For my first PE lesson with my first ever class, I would like to do team game type things.I will be in the playground(no field at the school) or in the hall. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. Hi all. For my first PE lesson with my first ever class, I would like to do team game type things.I will be in the playground(no field at the school) or in the hall. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

3. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Throw-head-catch is great. So is benchball. Both really good for mixed-sex team games that encourage teamwork. And don't underestimate the power of relay activities either; a few cones, a couple of balls, and you have a lesson!

4. piglet33

piglet33 New commenter

5. Bucketball, which is similar to benchball. Played it today with my 5/6 class and they loved. it. One stands on bench with bucket, rest of team have to try to score. They cannot move when they are holding ball, each child has to touch ball before able to shoot. If someone scores then they go on bench with bucket. Fast and furious game. Four teams, those teams not playing have to ensure one of the other teams follows all the rules.

6. Being a complete PE dunce, AJ, can you explain 'throw-head-catch' please!

Thanks