1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick resignation question - please read!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Lilybett, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I'm an LSA but have been offered a teaching post at another school. The teaching job's to begin on 31st October and my lovely school are releasing me from my contract early to go and do it.
    Excuse my stupidity, but I've only ever been a waitress and a barwench before! Just to make it official, I've to take in a resignation letter tomorrow. Should I write that my resignation is effective from 21 October (i.e. my last day as LSA) or 31 October (my first day as teacher)?
    Thanks so much xx

2. 30th October, last day as LSA. If you put 21st you'll only get paid till then.

3. I think It should be the 30th of October, since we will still be on half term, that is if your contract does allow for payment over the holidays.
    I was in a similar situation, although not as an LSA, but I had to start another teaching job on the 1st of September. So my leaving date was the 30th of June. hope this helps.
    Good luck in your new post.

4. That's what I kinda thought! Didn't want to accidentally cheat, but equally, didn't want to miss any pay! Thank you x
    So I put: 'It is with regret that I tender my resignation from the post of Learning Support Assistant, with effect from 30 October.'?

5. Yes. Just add 2011 at the end so it is crystal clear and on record if necessary in the future.

6. Yes, just add 2011 on the end so that it is crystal clear.

7. Awesome! Thank you again, very much xx

8. AlwaysAdaptable

AlwaysAdaptable New commenter

Good luck and enjoy your new job[​IMG]. I have been following you on jobseekers. It took some guts to take up the position of LSA.

9. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Shouldn't it have been 31st August?