1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Question...

Discussion in 'English' started by hardbastard, Sep 3, 2020.

1. hardbastard

hardbastard New commenter

I like to focus on a particular area of punctuation/grammar with my groups each week e.g. semi colons one week, apostrophes another, sentence-types etc, sometimes stretching it on for several weeks if further learning is needed. Does anyone have a conclusive, concise list of the key areas that should be covered? I know there could be some debate over this but if anyone does something similar, would be great.... Thank you.

2. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Your school should have SOWs in place, and you can also check the NC. If you're a student teacher, they will tell you all about this when you start, but if you want to read about it in advance, check the National Curriculum (if you're not in England, you need to check the appropriate one for you) as this sets out all they need to know for whichever stage you'll be teaching.

3. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

Rather than go week by week, I use spiral review. For this, you can use NoRedInk - I had phenomenal results with just the free version. Another (paid) option is $20 from Teacher Thrive on 'the other' resource site. I started using it last week and already the results are promising.