1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question for those in KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bertsgirl, Aug 29, 2011.

1. bertsgirl

bertsgirl New commenter

When do your children in yr1 and 2 have milk? Do they have it in the class or outside at break? Previously ours have had fruit outside during break, then milk after in class. Although I try to do m/o part of maths during this time too, it does seem to eat into the maths lesson which then seems very rushed before lunch. The alternative would be for them to have fruit + milk outside. This would limit the running about/ letting off energy/ play element of break which also concerns me. So ... I'm still undecided, how do you manage it?

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

As our first session is longest, 9.00 - 10.30, we stop about 10.15 and do fruit and milk in class before break. They finish quickley enough if they're not let out to play until they have finished.

3. comenius

comenius New commenter

I have milk, water and fruit available from 9.30 onwards and they choose when they have it.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

My children don't have milk they have fruit at morning break

5. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Same as an earlier post, we have both in classroom just before break - makes them faster as they want to get outside to play!

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

we don't have milk, we have just have fruit ten mins before break. fruit time is at the same time as story time - two birds with one stone. or pip.

7. Just before break but session from am reg to play is fairly long.

8. Fruit out at play, milk during story time when the children come in from playtime and they know they need to finish in the time allocated.