1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick question about Cloverfield (the film)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jul 30, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

When the people in the film are bitten by the little monsters that look like giant spiders, something horrible happens to them.
    You never quite see what happens, but it's clearly fatal. Anyone know what it's all about?

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

When the people in the film are bitten by the little monsters that look like giant spiders, something horrible happens to them.
    You never quite see what happens, but it's clearly fatal. Anyone know what it's all about?

3. I've got in on but I'm not really watching it - listening to music through headphones. As near as we blokes get to multi-tasking! :)

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Trust me, you are doing the right thing! [​IMG]

5. I get that impression. My son loves this film but it's not my cup of tea.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Tremendous SFX, but completely inane script and p poor acting.
    So, no idea about the bitey spider monsters then?

7. Sorry, no idea. Thank goodness.

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Ah well. Another unsolved mystery.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh gawd. Now I've been sucked into Amityville II.
    Bye bye early night... [​IMG]

10. There was one lass who got bitten as she helped her pal, she felt dizzy and then later she was bleeding from her eyes (and possibly other orifices) as the army? personnel found them and I think she then died .....
    Complete waste of time as far as I'm concerned :( and I wasn't even watching it really.

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It's about the producers filling the information gap with your imagination to make the impact of the film more horrific. Also, bearing in mind that the whole of Cloverfield is shot from a first person handycam viewpoint (inspired by citizen video of the 9-11 events), it's unlikely that the camera owner would knowingly walk into the operating room (or be allowed to), so keeping his friend's demise at a distance makes the narrative more credible.

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aha! So I didn't 'miss' something. Excellent summation, magic, thanks. [​IMG]

13. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

Is that the film where the head of the Statue of Liberty crashes to the ground? I remember thinking that it would've been a lot bigger than that!

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

That's exactly what I thought, LL. I've been inside the head and I'm positive it was bigger than that.
    Presumably they did their homework and the one in the film was to scale though?