1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Q re References

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Physallis, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Just looking for a bit of advice really.

Reference 1: My current Head

Reference 2: Is it best to put another member of staff at my current role (say HoD or subject leader) or the Assistant Head (also HoD) where I worked for a term (doing my PGCE) two years ago?

I know my current Head will ask my current HoD (who will ask my subject leader) for input into my reference so I thought it would be best to include a reference from a different school. Is this a bad idea?

Some applications allow for three references and for these I include both my current HoD and my previous Assistant Head but I'm not sure what is best when I can only include two references?

2. Sorry!! There were paragraphs but I forgot that I'm on Google Chrome.

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Current Head ( a must ) and current HoD.
    I doubt that a HoD for a term two years ago will carry much weight, but I could be wrong.

4. Thanks Karvol. Shall I put previous HoD down as third when needed? Or I could put down a current Ass Head but I just feel that three from one school is overload...

5. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

I would put down someone from your current school. My personal opinion is that unless you are going for your very first job, PGCE referees don't count as you are not doing a full teaching job and are not judged as a teacher.