1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick poll on the type of resource uploaded

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mathsmutt, Mar 3, 2016.

?

What sort of resources do you upload?

1. Only free resources

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Only premium resources

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A mix of premium and free resources

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

A quick poll to test the hypothesis that most members of this forum share some resources for free.
    Disclaimer :The results may end up being used as data in a future maths class.

2. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

I purposely haven"t put in an option for "I don`t upload resources"

delnon and Charleei like this.
  3. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

What about 'I used to upload for free but now charge' ?:)

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

I suggest that if you still have free resources available pick option 3, otherwise pick option2 .
    Does this sound fair ?:)

5. wanet

wanet Star commenter

I am surprised by the results so far. I would expect that if you are going to charge, then you would charge for everything. But a very small sample size.

6. slingshotsally

slingshotsally Star commenter

I'd like to be able to link lots of work sheet to a smartbard lesson, that way if anyone wanted to look at for a lesson, they would be able to find them all clustered together. I just don't know how to do that.

If I got more feedback or advice about what the TESSER's liked or didn't like about any resources I made I would be able to tailor them further... I'd like to earn some money, but I am not sure how to make really good resources which would be value for money.

Does TES do meet ups for this sort of thing?

SSS

7. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

To do that you just upload several files in one resource. Getting useful feedback isn't happening though sadly.

8. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks to all who took part in this quick poll,which is now closed.

If I were a politician,I would declare that the original hypothesis has been found proven and that the posters on this forum are a benevolent bunch who freely give products away. This is clearly evidenced by the 100% of respondents making free resources available. :)

(In reality,thoughts about sample size and lack of statistical significance spring to mind!)

Charleei likes this.