1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Quick Late Question before an interview lesson tomro- use of classroom assistant

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by natalia2008, May 11, 2011.

1. <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td class="post">Hi there,
    Sorry to post this so late in the day! I have an interview tomorrow but have had little time to prepare due to a different interview yesterday and major accompanying stress!
    I am doing a classroom carpet session and I will be doing a story followed by hotseating.
    I have been informed that I will have a classroom assistant, however, everything I have planned doesn't need a assistant i.e story then hotseating.
    Does this look bad that I haven't used her in my lesson?
    Any help very much appreciated!
    </td></tr></table>

2. If you've been told that you will have one, then that's a clear indication that they want you to deploy them in some way. Is it a carpet session you have been asked to do, or is it your choice? I would strongly advise you to use the assistant in some way - they are one of the most precious resources you can be given!!!
    Hope that helps.

3. If you had been informed beforehand that you would have an adult during your observation, they may be looking how you have organised the use of other adults - I know when I was a TA and a teacher I worked with was getting observed by senior leaders the teacher made sure the planning clearly gave me a role in what I was to do and that I was fully aware of what support I was meant to be providing. Same when I did my PGCE - I was picked up a few times on obervations for not making great use of other adults! If it were me, I would be including the TA as much as possible. It doesn't show them that you will make appropriate use of TAs in lessons if you were to be offered the job.

4. Great. Thanks for the replies, I have now thought of a very good use for her!
    Thanks again!